How to Port Forward in Your Router for Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham City offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
How to Port Forward Batman: Arkham City
When you are playing Batman: Arkham City you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Batman: Arkham City
The specific ports for Batman: Arkham City are as follows:
Batman: Arkham City - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Batman: Arkham City - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Batman: Arkham City - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Batman: Arkham City - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Batman: Arkham City - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Batman: Arkham City that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
- Batman: Arkham City - Steam
- Batman: Arkham City - Playstation 3
- Batman: Arkham City - Playstation 4
- Batman: Arkham City - Xbox 360
- Batman: Arkham City - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.