How to Port Forward Battlefield 1
When you play Battlefield 1 you will experience the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Battlefield 1
When you are playing Battlefield 1 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Battlefield 1
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Battlefield 1 are as follows:
Battlefield 1 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,9988,10000-10100,17502,42127
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3659,14000-14016
Battlefield 1 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Battlefield 1 - PC
- TCP: 5222,9988,17502,20000-20100,22990,42127
- UDP: 3659,14000-14016,22990-23006,25200-25300
We have guides that are custom tailored for Battlefield 1 that will show you the incoming ports that need to be forwarded.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.