Battlefield 2142 is Electronic Arts's First Person Shooter game released in 2006.
Battlefield 2142 is a puzzle game. Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster. Some puzzlers involve level progression, but many are more of the arcade style where all progression ends when the player stops playing.
Port Forward Battlefield 2142
When you are playing Battlefield 2142 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Battlefield 2142 Require
The incoming ports for Battlefield 2142 are as follows:
Battlefield 2142 - PC
- TCP: 1024-1124, 4711, 9960-9969, 17475, 18060, 18120, 18300, 18510, 27900, 28910, 29900
- UDP: 1024-1124, 1500-4999, 9964, 16567, 18300, 18510, 27900-27901, 28910, 29900, 55123
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Battlefield 2142 simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.