Battlefield: Bad Company 2 offers the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Battlefield: Bad Company 2
When you are playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Battlefield: Bad Company 2
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are as follows:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - PC
- TCP: 13505, 18390, 18395
- UDP: 10000, 18395
We have guides that are custom tailored for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that will show you the network ports.
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Xbox 360
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Playstation 3
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - PC
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.