Battlefield V includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward Battlefield V
When you are playing Battlefield V you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Battlefield V
The incoming ports for Battlefield V are as follows:
Battlefield V - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3659, 14000-14016
Battlefield V - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Battlefield V - PC
- TCP: 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127
- UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300
Battlefield V - Steam
- TCP: 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 42127
- UDP: 3659, 4380, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300, 27000-27031, 27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Battlefield V that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.