Forwarding Ports for BioShock: The Collection on Your Router.
BioShock: The Collection offers the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- A game compilation is a collection of smaller games usually from the same manufacturer. Lately game compilations have been composed of older arcade style games released in a single package.
Forward Ports for BioShock: The Collection
When you are playing BioShock: The Collection you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for BioShock: The Collection
The exact ports for BioShock: The Collection are as follows:
BioShock: The Collection - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
BioShock: The Collection - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
BioShock: The Collection - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
BioShock: The Collection - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and BioShock: The Collection simply follow one of these links:
- BioShock: The Collection - Steam
- BioShock: The Collection - Playstation 4
- BioShock: The Collection - Xbox One
- BioShock: The Collection - Switch
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.