How to Port Forward No Man's Sky in Your Router
No Man's Sky has the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward No Man's Sky
When you are playing No Man's Sky you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does No Man's Sky Require
The network ports for No Man's Sky are as follows:
No Man's Sky - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
No Man's Sky - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for No Man's Sky yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
No Man's Sky - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
No Man's Sky - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and No Man's Sky simply follow one of these links:
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.