How To Open Ports in Your Router for Black Desert Online
Black Desert Online has the following genres of gameplay.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Forward Ports for Black Desert Online
When you are playing Black Desert Online you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Black Desert Online
The specific incoming ports for Black Desert Online are as follows:
Black Desert Online - PC
- TCP: 8888,9991-9993
- UDP: 8888,9991-9993
Black Desert Online - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Black Desert Online - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Black Desert Online - Steam
- TCP: 8888,9991-9993,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,8888,9991-9993,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Black Desert Online that will show you the specific ports.
- Black Desert Online - PC
- Black Desert Online - Xbox One
- Black Desert Online - Playstation 4
- Black Desert Online - Steam
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.