Opening Ports for Black Mirror using Your Router
Black Mirror is THQ Nordic's Adventure game with a release date in 2017.
Since Black Mirror is an adventure game you can expect to follow your character through a story, where you are the one who discovers the plot, solves the problems, and ultimately decides the fate of the game. Adventure style games tend to be longer than other styles of games and focus on the story. If you enjoy a game that has a large story element then you will most likely enjoy playing Black Mirror.
How to Port Forward Black Mirror
When you are playing Black Mirror you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Black Mirror
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Black Mirror are as follows:
Black Mirror - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Black Mirror yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Black Mirror - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Black Mirror - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Black Mirror - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Black Mirror simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.