When you play Call of Duty: Black Ops III you will experience the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
Port Forward Call of Duty: Black Ops III
When you are playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Call of Duty: Black Ops III Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Call of Duty: Black Ops III are as follows:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3074, 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 5223
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PC
- TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
- UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Call of Duty: Black Ops III simply follow one of these links:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Playstation 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Playstation 4
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III - PC
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.