Call of Duty: Ghosts has the following styles of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
Forward Ports for Call of Duty: Ghosts
When you are playing Call of Duty: Ghosts you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Call of Duty: Ghosts
The connection ports for Call of Duty: Ghosts are as follows:
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 5223
Call of Duty: Ghosts - PC
- TCP: 1116-1150, 28910
- UDP: 1116-1150, 3074, 5165, 27900-27901
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for Call of Duty: Ghosts that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox 360
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - Playstation 3
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - PC
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - Playstation 4
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.