Port Forwarding for Cat Quest
Cat Quest includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In a hack-and-slash style of game you spend most of the time just killing wave after wave of creatures. They are strongly emphasize combat over anything else. Hack-and-slash style games are usually also considered action games.
How to Port Forward Cat Quest
When you are playing Cat Quest you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Cat Quest Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Cat Quest are as follows:
Cat Quest - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Cat Quest - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Cat Quest - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Cat Quest - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Cat Quest yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Cat Quest simply follow one of these links:
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.