How to Port Forward Championship Manager 3
Championship Manager 3 is a Sports game published by Eidos released in 1999.
Championship Manager 3 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward Championship Manager 3
When you are playing Championship Manager 3 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Championship Manager 3
The specific incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Championship Manager 3 are as follows:
Championship Manager 3 - PC
- TCP: 6667
- UDP: 6667
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Championship Manager 3 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.