How to Port Forward Cities: Skylines
Cities: Skylines includes the following styles of gameplay.
Forward Ports for Cities: Skylines
When you are playing Cities: Skylines you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Cities: Skylines Require
The specific incoming ports for Cities: Skylines are as follows:
Cities: Skylines - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Cities: Skylines - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Cities: Skylines - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Cities: Skylines yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Cities: Skylines - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Cities: Skylines - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Cities: Skylines simply follow one of these links:
- Cities: Skylines - Xbox One
- Cities: Skylines - Playstation 4
- Cities: Skylines - Switch
- Cities: Skylines - Steam
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.