Cities: Skylines has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
- The management style can be either resource management such as wood and ore, or player management such as a sports game.
Forward Ports for Cities: Skylines
When you are playing Cities: Skylines you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Cities: Skylines
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Cities: Skylines are as follows:
Cities: Skylines - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Cities: Skylines - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Cities: Skylines - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Cities: Skylines yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Cities: Skylines - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Cities: Skylines - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Cities: Skylines simply follow one of these links:
- Cities: Skylines - Xbox One
- Cities: Skylines - Playstation 4
- Cities: Skylines - Switch
- Cities: Skylines - Steam
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.