How to Port Forward Control in Your Router
Control includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
How to Port Forward Control
When you are playing Control you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Control Require
The specific incoming ports for Control are as follows:
Control - PC
- TCP: 3478-3479,5060,5062,6250,12000-65000
- UDP: 3478-3479,5060,5062,6250,12000-65000
Control - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Control - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Control - Steam
- TCP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
- UDP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Control simply follow one of these links:
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.