Ports Required for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
The exact ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are as follows:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - PC
- TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
- UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - PC
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Playstation 4
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Xbox One
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
When you are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.