Ports Required for Crysis 2
The connection ports for Crysis 2 are as follows:
Crysis 2 - PC
- UDP: 64200
Crysis 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036, 64200
Crysis 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Crysis 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Crysis 2 simply follow one of these links:
Crysis 2 has the following styles of play.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
Forward Ports for Crysis 2
When you are playing Crysis 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.