Forward Ports on Your Router for Darkest Dungeon
When you play Darkest Dungeon you will experience the following styles of play.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Darkest Dungeon
When you are playing Darkest Dungeon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Darkest Dungeon Require
The exact ports for Darkest Dungeon are as follows:
Darkest Dungeon - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Darkest Dungeon yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Darkest Dungeon - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Darkest Dungeon - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Darkest Dungeon - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Darkest Dungeon - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Darkest Dungeon simply follow one of these links:
- Darkest Dungeon - Playstation 4
- Darkest Dungeon - Switch
- Darkest Dungeon - Steam
- Darkest Dungeon - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.