Ports To Forward for Dead Space
The necessary ports that need to be forwarded for Dead Space are as follows:
Dead Space - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Dead Space - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Dead Space - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Dead Space - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Dead Space yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dead Space simply follow one of these links:
Dead Space is a survival style of game. Survival games are focused on resource management, such as health and ammo, and sometimes include elements of stealth. Most are either post-apocalyptic or supernatural based, and many have a strong horror component. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive for as long as possible. Many survival games have multiple waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. It is an extremely popular style for zombie invasion games.
Port Forward Dead Space
When you are playing Dead Space you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.