Defcon is Introversion Software's Real-Time and Strategy game with a release date in 2006.
Defcon includes the following styles of play.
- In a real time strategy game multiple players are fighting for control of a battlefield, usually in a top down view. RTS games can also be in a 3rd person or isometric viewpoint. They tend to involve time and resource management as well as troop and building construction.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Port Forward Defcon
When you are playing Defcon you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Defcon Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Defcon are as follows:
Defcon - PC
- UDP: 5008-5011
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Defcon simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.