How to Port Forward Devil May Cry 4
Devil May Cry 4 includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
Forward Ports for Devil May Cry 4
When you are playing Devil May Cry 4 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Devil May Cry 4
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Devil May Cry 4 are as follows:
Devil May Cry 4 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Devil May Cry 4 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Devil May Cry 4 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Devil May Cry 4 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Devil May Cry 4 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Devil May Cry 4 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Devil May Cry 4 simply follow one of these links:
- Devil May Cry 4 - Xbox 360
- Devil May Cry 4 - Playstation 3
- Devil May Cry 4 - Playstation 4
- Devil May Cry 4 - Xbox One
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.