Doom 3: BFG Edition includes the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Doom 3: BFG Edition
When you are playing Doom 3: BFG Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Doom 3: BFG Edition
The ports that need to be forwarded for Doom 3: BFG Edition are as follows:
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Doom 3: BFG Edition - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Doom 3: BFG Edition yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Doom 3: BFG Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Doom 3: BFG Edition simply follow one of these links:
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Playstation 3
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Xbox 360
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Steam
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Playstation 4
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Switch
- Doom 3: BFG Edition - Xbox One
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.