Creating a Port Forward in Your Router for Dragon Quest Heroes II
Dragon Quest Heroes II offers the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
Forward Ports for Dragon Quest Heroes II
When you are playing Dragon Quest Heroes II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Dragon Quest Heroes II
The specific incoming ports for Dragon Quest Heroes II are as follows:
Dragon Quest Heroes II - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Dragon Quest Heroes II - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Dragon Quest Heroes II - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Dragon Quest Heroes II - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Dragon Quest Heroes II that will show you the specific ports.
- Dragon Quest Heroes II - PC
- Dragon Quest Heroes II - Playstation 3
- Dragon Quest Heroes II - Playstation 4
- Dragon Quest Heroes II - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.