Open Ports on Your Router for Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2 includes the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Open world style games are usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose. The player is usually allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward Red Dead Redemption 2
When you are playing Red Dead Redemption 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Red Dead Redemption 2
The incoming connection ports for Red Dead Redemption 2 are as follows:
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 465,983,1935,3478-3480,10070-10080,30211-30217
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,30211-30217
- UDP: 88,500,3047,3074,3544,4500,6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC
- TCP: 30211-30217
- UDP: 6672,61455-61458
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037,30211-30217
- UDP: 4380,6672,27000-27031,27036,61455-61458
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Red Dead Redemption 2 simply follow one of these links:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playstation 4
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Xbox One
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Steam
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.