Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
How to Port Forward Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
When you are playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
The connection ports for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen are as follows:
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen simply follow one of these links:
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Playstation 3
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox 360
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Steam
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Playstation 4
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Xbox One
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Switch
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.