The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for EiskaltDC++ are:
EiskaltDC++ - PC
- TCP: 3000
- UDP: 3000
Forwarding Ports for EiskaltDC++
When you use EiskaltDC++ you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to EiskaltDC++.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your download client's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for EiskaltDC++
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your download client in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for EiskaltDC++ in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for EiskaltDC++:
List of Routers - Customized for EiskaltDC++
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for EiskaltDC++.