How to Port Forward Gauntlet II
Gauntlet II is Sony Online Entertainment's Hack & Slash game with a release date in 2007.
Gauntlet II is a hack-and-slash style of game. Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat and generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures. Most hack-and-slash games are also action games.
Port Forward Gauntlet II
When you are playing Gauntlet II you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Gauntlet II
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router that need to be forwarded for Gauntlet II are as follows:
Gauntlet II - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223,3478,3479,3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Gauntlet II that will show you the necessary ports.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.