GEON is an Arcade game published by Strawdog Studios released in 2008.
GEON is an arcade style of game, which means that it is fast paced and meant for short gaming sessions, much like classic arcade cabinets. Most arcade games do not have a deep story line but are instead based on the player having a limited number of lives. When you run out lives it's game over. GEON is probably good for short gaming sessions when you do not want to get too deeply involved with a game.
Port Forward GEON
When you are playing GEON you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does GEON Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for GEON are as follows:
GEON - Playstation 3
- TCP: 5223
- UDP: 5223,3478,3479,3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and GEON simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.