Guitar Hero: Metallica is a Music game published by Activision released in 2009.
Guitar Hero: Metallica is a music style video game. In a music style of video game the gameplay focuses on playing musical instruments. Some music games like Rockband use instruments and microphones, while others like Rocksmith teach you how to play your own instrument with a special adapter cable. Other music style games employ trivia, memory, or focus on the experience of listening to the music.
How to Port Forward Guitar Hero: Metallica
When you are playing Guitar Hero: Metallica you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Guitar Hero: Metallica
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Guitar Hero: Metallica are as follows:
Guitar Hero: Metallica - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Guitar Hero: Metallica - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Guitar Hero: Metallica - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Guitar Hero: Metallica that will show you the specific ports.
- Guitar Hero: Metallica - Xbox 360
- Guitar Hero: Metallica - Playstation 3
- Guitar Hero: Metallica - Wii
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.