Guitar Hero: Smash Hits is a Music game published by Activision released in 2009.
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits is a music style video game. In a music style of video game the gameplay focuses on playing musical instruments. Some music games like Rockband use instruments and microphones, while others like Rocksmith teach you how to play your own instrument with a special adapter cable. Other music style games employ trivia, memory, or focus on the experience of listening to the music.
Forward Ports for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
When you are playing Guitar Hero: Smash Hits you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Guitar Hero: Smash Hits Require
The network ports for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits are as follows:
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits that will show you the exact ports.
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Playstation 3
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Wii
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Xbox 360
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.