How to Port Forward in Your Router for Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero: Van Halen is a Music game published by Activision released in 2009.
Guitar Hero: Van Halen is a music style video game. In a music style of video game the gameplay focuses on playing musical instruments. Some music games like Rockband use instruments and microphones, while others like Rocksmith teach you how to play your own instrument with a special adapter cable. Other music style games employ trivia, memory, or focus on the experience of listening to the music.
Port Forward Guitar Hero: Van Halen
When you are playing Guitar Hero: Van Halen you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Guitar Hero: Van Halen
The network ports for Guitar Hero: Van Halen are as follows:
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Wii
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Guitar Hero: Van Halen that will show you the network ports.
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Playstation 3
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Wii
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen - Xbox 360
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.