Which Ports Does Smite Require
The specific incoming ports for Smite are as follows:
Smite - PC
- TCP: 9000-9001
- UDP: 9002-9999
Smite - Steam
- TCP: 9000-9001, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 9002-9999, 27015, 27031-27036
Smite - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074, 9000-9001
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 9002-9999
Smite - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480, 9000-9001
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 9002-9999
Smite - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 9000-9001, 12400, 28910, 29900-29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Smite simply follow one of these links:
Smite offers the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Real time strategy games do not have turns, but instead have both players competing at the same time. They typically involve a mostly top down view and involve troop and building creation as well as resource management such as mining and logging. Popular examples are Warcraft and StarCraft.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Smite
When you are playing Smite you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.