Honkai: Star Rail includes the following styles of gameplay.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
Forward Ports for Honkai: Star Rail
Since Honkai: Star Rail is a single player game there should not be any need to forward ports for it. Generally speaking only multiplayer games need a port forwarded. Sometimes it is possible that a single player game might need a port forwarded for things like: downloading new content, updates, and license activation. You can run our Port Finder application to see if Honkai: Star Rail is opening up any ports to know for sure. When you are done running Port Finder it will show you the connection ports.
- Download and install Network Utilities. This is a free download.
- After you launch Network Utilities click the Port Finder button.
- Follow the instructions on screen to use the Port Finder application to locate your game's ports.
- The incoming ports will be added to our site as soon as a site admin reviews them.
What Port Finder Does
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Look at which ports Honkai: Star Rail has open in "listen" mode. These are the required incoming ports for Honkai: Star Rail.
- Wait for you to attempt to do something multiplayer, which might open up additional ports.
- Package up the ports in a neat little package and send it to our server for sharing.
As users submit port data to our servers we will combine it into a list that we publish. Then we will use this list to help other people know what to forward.
We will list any new ports found for Honkai: Star Rail on this page as soon as we know them.