Your Huawei EchoLife HG532 router has a firewall. This is essential to keep your home network secure from Internet threats. In very basic terms a firewall works by blocking all unauthorized connections to and from the Internet. By default your router has only opened a few connections (ports) so you browse the Internet in relative safety. Some games or online programs will run much smoother if you open additional ports. To do this you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will show you exactly how to port forward on the Huawei EchoLife HG532 router. I will walk you through the following steps:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Huawei EchoLife HG532 router.
- How to find the port forwarding section in your router.
- What information to enter to get the exact port you want forwarded.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Port forwarding does not approve the port for the entire network, only one device on your network.
After you have finished creating a static IP address, write it down. You will need the static IP address a little later in this guide.
We can now login to the Huawei EchoLife HG532 router. This router uses a web interface to make router setting changes so you need to open a web browser.
It should not matter which browser you decide to use, simply pick one you are familiar with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox.
Open up the web browser and find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page like the image below:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Huawei EchoLife HG532 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
After you have entered the router's IP address simply press the Enter key on your computer keyboard. If the correct IP address was entered in the address bar you will see a login screen similar to the one below:
If you do not see a screen or box prompting you for a username and password, then the IP address was entered incorrectly or it has been changed. To find out what the current router IP address is, follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default Huawei EchoLife HG532 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Huawei EchoLife HG532 Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the Enter key to gain access to your Huawei EchoLife HG532 router.
Huawei Login Problems
If the above username and password did not work there are several things that can be done:
- First, you can try other common Huawei usernames and passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different username and/or password. Here is our list of Default Huawei Router Passwords.
- If the above option did not work it is probable that you changed the username and/or password in the past for security reasons. This is highly recommended but also easily forgotten. You can try to guess or use our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- As a last resort, you may want to consider a factory reset for your router. This should only be considered after you have exhausted all other troubleshooting methods. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of the router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Device Information page of the interface.
First, click the Advanced link in the left sidebar.
A new menu appears. In this new menu click the option of NAT.
Next, click the option of Port Mapping at the top of the page.
You are now on the correct page to make your port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Be sure that there is a dot in the Customization radio button.
Use the Interface dropdown box to select an available connection.
Put the same port number into both the External Port and the Internal Port boxes.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Internal Host box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Create a name for this forward and put it in the Mapping Name box. The name is only used as a reminder and has no effect on the port forward.
In the Protocol box select the protocol that you want to forward these ports over.
Click the Submit button when you are finished.
Make sure to click the Submit button when you are finished with each entry.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Huawei EchoLife HG532 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Port forwarding should be easy. If you are having problems with your port forward, use our Port Forwarding Software. Our software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes any port forwarding issues you might be having. Our software makes port forwarding a router easy.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides right here.
Are you interested in securing your router and tailoring it to your specific needs? We can help you do that on our site setuprouter.com.