How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is 1C Company, Ubisoft's Flight game released in 2011.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is a flight game. Flight games are similar to car driving games in that you are usually in the cockpit of a plane or helicopter. They can also be from the view of a chase camera. Some flight games are atmospheric and some are space based.
How to Port Forward IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
When you are playing IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Require
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover are as follows:
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover simply follow one of these links:
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.