Opening Ports for InnerSpace using Your Router
InnerSpace has the following styles of play.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Flight games are similar to car driving games in that you are usually in the cockpit of a plane or helicopter. They can also be from the view of a chase camera. Some flight games are atmospheric and some are space based.
How to Port Forward InnerSpace
When you are playing InnerSpace you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does InnerSpace Require
The ports for InnerSpace are as follows:
InnerSpace - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
InnerSpace - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
InnerSpace - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
InnerSpace - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and InnerSpace simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.