When you play Insurgency you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Insurgency
When you are playing Insurgency you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Insurgency
The necessary ports for Insurgency are as follows:
Insurgency - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Insurgency simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.