The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS are:
Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 - PC
- TCP: 80, 443, 50500-50599
- UDP: 80, 443, 50500-50599
Set Up a Port Forward for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS
When you use an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for Iomega StorCenter ix2-200
That's all it takes to forward your ports for an Iomega StorCenter ix2-200 NAS.