Port Forwarding on Your Router for Jagged Alliance: Rage!
Jagged Alliance: Rage! offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Jagged Alliance: Rage!
When you are playing Jagged Alliance: Rage! you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Jagged Alliance: Rage!
The specific ports for Jagged Alliance: Rage! are as follows:
Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Jagged Alliance: Rage! that will show you the connection ports.
- Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Steam
- Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Playstation 4
- Jagged Alliance: Rage! - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.