Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Life Is Strange
Life Is Strange is Square Enix's Adventure game released in 2015.
Since Life Is Strange is an adventure game you can expect to follow your character through a story, where you are the one who discovers the plot, solves the problems, and ultimately decides the fate of the game. Adventure style games tend to be longer than other styles of games and focus on the story. If you enjoy a game that has a large story element then you will most likely enjoy playing Life Is Strange.
How to Port Forward Life Is Strange
When you are playing Life Is Strange you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Life Is Strange
The incoming connection ports for Life Is Strange are as follows:
Life Is Strange - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Life Is Strange - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Life Is Strange - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Life Is Strange - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Life Is Strange - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Life Is Strange simply follow one of these links:
- Life Is Strange - PC
- Life Is Strange - Playstation 3
- Life Is Strange - Xbox 360
- Life Is Strange - Playstation 4
- Life Is Strange - Xbox One
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.