Which Ports Does Life Is Strange Require
The required incoming ports for Life Is Strange are as follows:
Life Is Strange - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
Life Is Strange - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Life Is Strange yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Life Is Strange - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Life Is Strange - Playstation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Life Is Strange - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Life Is Strange - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Life Is Strange simply follow one of these links:
- Life Is Strange - Steam
- Life Is Strange - Playstation 3
- Life Is Strange - Playstation 4
- Life Is Strange - Xbox 360
- Life Is Strange - Xbox One
Life Is Strange has the following styles of gameplay.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward Life Is Strange
When you are playing Life Is Strange you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.