How to Port Forward Links
Links is Microsoft's Golf game with a release date in 2017.
Hone your golf game with Links. Hit the links even when the weather is bad. Golf games are a great way to get away from the real world for a while not even leaving the house. 150 yards and in the rough. Should you use a 6 iron or a composite 5? Get in there and find out!
Port Forward Links
When you are playing Links you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Links
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Links are as follows:
Links - PC
- TCP: 2300-2400,47624
- UDP: 2300-2400,6073
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Links simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.