The ports that need to be forwarded for a Loftek Sentinel D2 are listed here:
Loftek Sentinel D2 - PC
- TCP: 80
- UDP: 80
Forwarding Ports for a Loftek Sentinel D2
When you use a Loftek Sentinel D2 you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a Loftek Sentinel D2.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your camera.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Loftek Sentinel D2
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Loftek Sentinel D2 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Loftek Sentinel D2:
List of Routers - Customized for Loftek Sentinel D2
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a Loftek Sentinel D2.