Lost Ark offers the following genres of gameplay.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
How to Port Forward Lost Ark
We don't know the required incoming ports for Lost Ark yet, but you can help us figure it out. We're pretty sure that Lost Ark is going to have ports to forward since it is multiplayer. With your help we can get those ports listed on our site for everyone to use.
- Download our free software Port Forward Network Utilities and install it.
- After installing it launch Network Utilities and click Port Finder.
- The Port Finder will help you find the game that you are interested in playing. Follow its instructions closely.
- The Port Finder will upload port information to us and we'll add it to the site after looking at it.
Ports Required for Lost Ark
Usually most applications will open up a port in "listen mode" only while the game is in some sort of a multiplayer mode. It's important to have the Port Finder application running in the background while you attempt to make a multiplayer connection in the game or application.
Usually games will use the same port every time they are launched so we only need to collect this port data once. Some games and applications use a random numbered port at each launch and we'll only be able to figure that out over multiple runs possibly even from multiple different users.
Some games will listen on a very large range of ports which can be very hard to detect. By having many different people run the Port Finder for the same game multiple times we can figure out the entire range of ports that are needed for that particular game. Everybody who runs the Port Finder helps add to the database.
How Port Finder Works
This is a brief rundown of all the things that Port Finder will do:
- Examine the incoming connection ports that Lost Ark has open. These are the incoming connection ports for Lost Ark.
- Watch which ports open and close as you run the game and try to join a multiplayer match.
- Upload those ports to our servers so that we can combine them with other uploads and share them.
Our servers will collect all of the exact ports used by multiple users and intelligently combine them into a single list of ports required. Then we will use this list to help other people know what to forward.
Once people submit ports for Lost Ark they will be added to this page and the rest of our site.