Mafia: Definitive Edition includes the following styles of play.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Driving/racing games put you in the cockpit of a vehicle. The view can be either from inside the cockpit or from a chase camera. Examples include Mario Kart, Dirt, and Forza.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Mafia: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Mafia: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Mafia: Definitive Edition
The ports for Mafia: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Mafia: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Mafia: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Mafia: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Mafia: Definitive Edition - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Mafia: Definitive Edition yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Mafia: Definitive Edition simply follow one of these links:
- Mafia: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- Mafia: Definitive Edition - Steam
- Mafia: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.