Mafia III: Definitive Edition has the following styles of play.
- In an open world style of game the player is allowed to roam freely through a normally massive environment. This style of games is usually not on rails, meaning that the player gets to go anywhere and solve problems in the order that they choose.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- In driving/racing style games you are in control of a vehicle, either from its cockpit or from a chase camera. They are usually fast paced and reflex based. Some of them have story modes while others are more arcade style. Popular driving racing games include Forza, Dirt, and Mario Kart.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
How to Port Forward Mafia III: Definitive Edition
When you are playing Mafia III: Definitive Edition you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Mafia III: Definitive Edition Require
The exact ports for Mafia III: Definitive Edition are as follows:
Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Mafia III: Definitive Edition - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Mafia III: Definitive Edition yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Mafia III: Definitive Edition simply follow one of these links:
- Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Playstation 4
- Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Steam
- Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.