Opening Ports for Magic: Legends using Your Router
Magic: Legends has the following genres of gameplay.
- MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. MMO's are huge open worlds where large numbers of people play at the same time. The focus highly on character development and progression, as well as loot collection and grouping together.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
How to Port Forward Magic: Legends
When you are playing Magic: Legends you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Magic: Legends
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Magic: Legends are as follows:
Magic: Legends - PC
- TCP: 7000-7500
Magic: Legends - Steam
- TCP: 7000-7500,27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Magic: Legends - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074,7000-7500
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Magic: Legends - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480,7000-7500
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Magic: Legends simply follow one of these links:
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.