How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Major League Baseball 2K12
Major League Baseball 2K12 is 2K Sports's Sports game with a release date in 2012.
Major League Baseball 2K12 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Forward Ports for Major League Baseball 2K12
When you are playing Major League Baseball 2K12 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Major League Baseball 2K12 Require
The network ports for Major League Baseball 2K12 are as follows:
Major League Baseball 2K12 - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Major League Baseball 2K12 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Major League Baseball 2K12 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Major League Baseball 2K12 simply follow one of these links:
- Major League Baseball 2K12 - PC
- Major League Baseball 2K12 - Playstation 3
- Major League Baseball 2K12 - Xbox 360
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.