Major League Baseball 2K8 is a Sports game published by 2K Sports released in 2008.
Major League Baseball 2K8 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
Port Forward Major League Baseball 2K8
When you are playing Major League Baseball 2K8 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Major League Baseball 2K8
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Major League Baseball 2K8 are as follows:
Major League Baseball 2K8 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Major League Baseball 2K8 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Major League Baseball 2K8 - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Major League Baseball 2K8 simply follow one of these links:
- Major League Baseball 2K8 - Xbox 360
- Major League Baseball 2K8 - Playstation 3
- Major League Baseball 2K8 - Wii
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.