Major League Baseball 2K9 is 2K Sports's Sports game released in 2009.
Major League Baseball 2K9 is in the sports category of games. Most sports games allow you to manage not only the action during the game but also the "behind the scenes" aspect of the game.
How to Port Forward Major League Baseball 2K9
When you are playing Major League Baseball 2K9 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Major League Baseball 2K9 Require
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Major League Baseball 2K9 are as follows:
Major League Baseball 2K9 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Major League Baseball 2K9 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
Major League Baseball 2K9 - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Major League Baseball 2K9 - Wii
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1024-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Major League Baseball 2K9 that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
- Major League Baseball 2K9 - Xbox 360
- Major League Baseball 2K9 - Playstation 3
- Major League Baseball 2K9 - PC
- Major League Baseball 2K9 - Wii
That should do it; your ports are now forwarded. Need something else forwarded? Check out our list of games and programs.