How to Port Forward in Your Router for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has the following genres of gameplay.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Hack-and-slash style games heavily emphasize combat. They generally involve slaying lots of waves of creatures.
Port Forward Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
When you are playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Require
The specific ports for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance are as follows:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
We have guides that are custom tailored for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance that will show you the required incoming ports.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steam
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Playstation 3
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Xbox 360
That's all it takes to get your ports open. Don't forget to check out our growing list of games and programs.